WWOOF-USA is excited to announce a video contest, open to any current WWOOFers or hosts!
Create an inspiring short video that lets us know why you WWOOF. Share your “I WWOOF Because…” video and you could win up to $1,000!
We encourage you to submit videos that educate and motivate people to WWOOF, and that are visually stunning, creative, and fun. We hope that through these videos current and future WWOOF members will connect, share stories, learn about organic farming, and inspire one another to have an incredible WWOOF adventures!
- 1st place will receive $1,000
- 2nd place will receive $500
- 3rd place will receive $250
The contest is open now through August 31, 2018. The winners will be announced on September 15, 2018.
Video Submission Guidelines
- Video should answer the general question: “I WWOOF Because…”
- Include the WWOOF-USA logo either at the beginning or end of the video. You can access the logo here.
- Videos should work with or without sound (enable Closed Captioning if using voices) and be filmed and submitted in high quality.
- If using music, you must acknowledge music used by naming the artist(s) and the song(s) at some point in the video.
- File length: Max 3 minutes
Rules and reminders:
- Contest is open only to current WWOOF-USA members.
- Videos should focus on WWOOFing in the USA.
- Please do not mention farm names or specific locations.
- By submitting a video to this contest, you grant WWOOF-USA an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly, and otherwise use, as well as authorize others to use, your video for any promotional purpose and in any format.
- Read the Video Submission Guidelines stated above carefully.
- Create your “I WWOOF Because…” video according to the guidelines.
- Post to YouTube and share with your friends and family. The video with the most “Likes” gets an extra 5 points towards winning!
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: A) Your full name, mailing address, B) email address (that’s linked to your active WWOOF-USA account), C) names of anyone in the video and where it was filmed, D) the YouTube link, AND E) the video file (mp4, MOV, etc.) either as an attachment or as a link to the file shared through Dropbox, Google Drive, etc. Please note we must receive both the video file (pm4, MOV, etc) and the seperate YouTube link in order for you video to be considered for a prize.
Deadline to enter: August 31, 2018. Any videos received after the 31st can still be shared on the video platform, but won’t be entered into the contest. The winners will be announced on September 15, 2018.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: 1-5 points
- Professionalism: 1-5 points
- Promotional quality/ Production value: 1-5 points
- Originality: 1-5 points
- Sharing of WWOOF values: 1-5 points
- YouTube “Likes”: 1-5 points (prorated based on when video is posted)
All entries must follow the guidelines to be considered for a prize. Good luck!
Questions? Contact us!