WWOOF-USA is excited to announce a summer/fall photo contest, open to any current WWOOFers or hosts!
We encourage you to submit high quality photos that show your experience, motivate people to WWOOF, and that are fun and visually stunning. You could win up to $500!
WWOOF-USA is part of a worldwide effort to link visitors with organic farmers, promote an educational exchange, and build a global community conscious of ecological farming practices.
Photos should showcase WWOOF’s diverse members, farms and opportunities, and inspire others to have incredible WWOOF adventures across the USA.
The contest is open now through October 1, 2019. The winners will be announced on October 15, 2019.
- 1st place will receive $500
- 2nd place will receive $250
- 3rd place will receive $100
Photo Submission Guidelines
We encourage you to think about your WWOOF story when taking photos. How can you share it with and inspire others? How can your photos help grow the WWOOF movement and foster the spread of organic food and farming?
1. Submit 10 high quality images that focus on WWOOFing in the USA.
2. All digital photo files must be 20 megabytes or smaller, in JPEG or .jpg format, and be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if horizontal) or 1,600 pixels tall (if vertical).
3. Your group of photos should include at least one photo showing each of the following:
- General farm landscape
- Group of WWOOFers and/or Hosts
- WWOOFers helping out on projects/tasks
- Meal time gatherings
- Produce and/or animals/livestock
- On farm activities
- (optional) WWOOFer accommodations, activities during free time
4. Photos must be taken at a current WWOOF-USA host farm, and can feature more than one farm.
*By submitting materials, applicants grant WWOOF-USA the right to copy, distribute, display, as well as authorize others to use those materials for any promotional purpose.
Rules and Reminders:
- Contest is open only to current WWOOF-USA members.
- All photos should focus on WWOOFing in the USA.
- Avoid taking pictures of people not facing the camera. It’s okay to ask people to smile and pose for photos 🙂
- Make sure there is proper lighting when taking photos and avoid any blurs.
- By submitting photos to this contest, you grant WWOOF-USA an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display and perform publicly, and otherwise use, as well as authorize others to use, your photos for any promotional purpose and in any format.
1. Read the Photo Submission Guidelines stated above carefully.
2. Take stunning, high quality photos during your summer or fall WWOOF adventure. Select your 10 best to submit for the contest.
3. Upload photos to the WWOOF-USA Photo Gallery (wwoofusa.org/photos). Be sure to tag the farm and any WWOOFers that appear in the photos.
4. Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address (include the email address that is linked to your WWOOF-USA membership account)
- Your mailing address
- The farm name(s) where the photos were taken and the names of anyone who appears in the photos
- All images in high quality, or link to a photo sharing platform (Dropbox, Google Photos) where high quality images can be downloaded.
5. Share your photos on social media, tag @wwoofusa, and include the hashtags #wwoofusa and #myWWOOFstory.
Deadline to enter: October 1, 2019. Any photos received after October 1st can still be shared in the website photo gallery, but won’t be entered into the contest. The winners will be announced on October 15, 2019.
Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Diversity: 1-5 points
- Professionalism: 1-5 points
- Promotional quality: 1-5 points
- Originality: 1-5 points
- Showing a “WWOOF” spirit: 1-5 points
- Social media “Likes” (on Facebook and Instagram): 1-5 points (prorated based on when photos are posted)
All entries must follow the guidelines in order to be considered for a prize.
Good luck and Happy WWOOFing!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org